DIY Air Fresheners
- 2 cups water
- 4 packages Gelatin (plain)
- 15 to 20 drops Essential Oil (adjust to personal preference)
- 1 to 2 TBS salt
- Food Coloring
- Mix together 1 cup water, essential oil and food colouring in a saucepan and bring to the boil, once it starts to boil remove from heat
- Add the gelatin and salt to the hot water and stir until completely dissolved. Now add the other cup of cold water and stir gently but you do not want it to foam.
- Pour the liquid into jars/containers and set aside for a couple days until completely set. You speed up the process by refrigerating.
- Once the mixture is cooled, cover with lids that have a few holes punched in them to allow fragrance to escape.
Salt is used in this recipe to help combat mould, please do add it.
Make your own cleaning spray
You will need a clean, empty trigger spray bottle to make the following cleansers.
- A reasonable amount of bleach and a small squirt of washing-up liquid will make the best all round cleaner. This solution removes soap residue from showers, cleans the whole bathroom, kitchen, green algae from conservatory roofs and clean PVC window frames.
- For a ready made disinfectant, i.e. Flash, Zoflora, Dettol etc, pour this neat into your bottle and top with water (please read the diluting instructions). This is excellent for cleaning down your work tops, kitchen table, or whatever the instructions say on the disinfectant you buy. And you will find your disinfectant will last months, saving you pounds.
Make your own furniture polish with lemon
Mix 1 cup of olive oil with ½ cup of lemon juice and you’ll have a furniture polish for your hardwood furniture.