Autumn Garden Tips
Make new plants from cuttings.
1. Take 10cm cuttings from hardwood herbs such as rosemary or bay.
2. Remove the lower leaves.
3. Dip cuttings into hormone powder and pot in small containers of premium potting mix.
4. Keep moist and shelter from strong wind and sun
You grass does not need be mowed so frequently in prolonged periods of dry weather.
If the weather is very dry, remove the grass collecting box and let the cuttings stay on the ground to conserve soil moisture.
1. Keep soil in hanging baskets and patio planters moist.
2. Remove fading and dead flower heads from plants to encourage new flowers.
3. Feed hanging baskets and planters weekly, ideally with a liquid fertiliser.
PLEASE NOTE that if you added a slow release fertiliser when initially planted your hanging basket then there is no need for step 3.
In June you will notice that your Apple and Pear Trees will drop some fruit, this is known as the 'June drop'.
The Apple and Pear Trees do this to restrict the amount of fruit that develop