Use newspaper to clean your glass
Newspaper contains a weak acid which is brilliant at polishing glass.
- Wash your glass with water
- Scrunch up some newspaper to dry and polish your glass
Remove scratches from glass with toothpaste
Toothpaste removes small scratches from glass.
Remove water stains from glass using vinegar and baking soda
- Make a paste using vinegar and baking soda. The paste should not scratch the glass, but start in a small, inconspicuous spot just to make sure.
- Apply the paste to the stains using a scrubbing sponge in a circular motion. Work the stain while applying this paste and allow it to sit for 5 minutes
- Wipe off the paste with a damp towel and remove excess water with a squeegee. Your hard water stain(s) should be removed. If your stains have been sitting for several years, you may need to further clean your glass.
- Apply a cream hob cleaner to the remaining hard water stains in a circular motion with a scrubbing sponge. Allow the hob cleaner to dry for 15 minutes.
- Buff the dried hob cleaner with a towel. Your glass will now be free of hard water deposits. You will need to repeat this process once every six months to keep your glass free of hard water build-up.