Courtesy Manners at the Workplace
- Be neat, clean and conservative
- The essence of good manners and etiquette is to be respectful and courteous at all times and with everybody
- Treat your customers with respect and courtesy
- Always apologize if your intrusion is an interruption of a discussion, someone’s concentration or other activity
- Always knock before enter in your customers house, even if you hold their house key(s)
- Speak clearly, never shout at your customers
- Say, “Please; Thank you; You’re welcome”, as part of your everyday courtesy
- Don’t gossip about any of your customers private life
- Take responsibility for your mistakes, apologise and go about correcting the mistakes
- Apologise if you are clearly in the wrong. If in doubt apologise anyway.
- If your customer criticises your work, enquire about what precisely is wrong with it. Consider the comments, discuss them amiably if you disagree always refer it me.
- Be tidy when you work.
- Arrive at work on time, if you are ever late, inform the office or your customer.