Use baking soda on a damp sponge to clean your sink and bath.
It leaves everything smelling nice and clean; just as good any cleanser, without scratching enamel.
To get rid of those nasty bathroom odours, place an opened box of baking soda or an open container of activated charcoal behind the toilet to absorb the smells.
Lemon juice can be used to dissolve soap scum and hard water deposits.
Taps and Toilets
To remove limescale from taps and toilets, simply scrape with a copper coin.
To clean limescale from your shower head, simply place the shower head into a container containing equal amounts of malt vinegar and boiling water.
Leave this to soak overnight, and then rinse well.
To avoid mould and discolouring take a clean sheet of kitchen roll, put a couple of drops of baby oil on and rub down the shower curtain.
To prevent your shower curtain rings from getting stuck rub hair conditioner onto your curtain rod.
You will now have free moving curtain rings.
Clean your shower doors with a used tumble dryer sheet to dissolve soap scum.
There is a way to eliminate the stains from your toilet and to keep them from coming back.
Just follow these simple cleaning tips and your toilet will look great once again:
- Turn off the water to your toilet
- Flush it repeatedly until the bowl is empty of water
- Get some heavy duty paper towels and soak them with an all purpose bathroom cleaner
- Line the toilet bowl with the paper towels and let them sit there
- Keep the paper towels wet for several hours by adding more cleaner as it dries out
- When the water spots start to dissolve, use a stiff bristled toilet brush and scrub to remove the scale. A toilet brush with a bent tip will make the job easier by getting up under the rim
- Turn the water back on and rinse thoroughly
If this method does not completely dissolve the stains:
- Wet one end of a pumice stone and keep it wet while you work. Rub the pumice stone across the stains very, very gently.
- Switch to the nylon bent tip toilet brush again to scrub away the remains of the stain
- Maintain the cleanliness of the toilet by giving it a quick scrub with the toilet brush daily. While you’re at it, scrub up under the rim to remove hard water and lime deposits that will drip down the insides of your toilet. Remember to rinse the brush well and hang it to dry when you’re done.
4 tablets of Alka Seltzer in your toilet will bring up the bowl lovely and clean.
Leave for an hour and then brush.
To clean those horrible stains in your toilet, pour a can of Coca-Cola down it and leave overnight.